Hi, again, guys! Today, I was shuffling through my old word documents when I found a list of the “Top Most Awesome Quotes” found in books. Re-reading through them, I realized that the title was true. These are some of the Top Most Awesome Quotes. And it would be a shame not to share them with you. Or, at the very least, some of them. So with no further ado, here is a list of ten. Ten more will follow in another post, some time, some day.
- “The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.” – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Adams
- “Sometimes, I look outside, and I think that a lot of other people have seen this snow before. Just like I think that a lot of other people have read those books before. And listened to those songs. I wonder how they feel tonight.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Chbosky
- “There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy, and the tired.” -The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald
- “‘What the hell is that?’ I laughed. ‘It’s my fox hat.’ ‘Your fox hat?’ ‘Yeah, Pudge. My fox hat.’ ‘Why are you wearing your fox hat’?” I asked. ‘Because no one can catch the motherfucking fox.'” -Looking for Alaska, Green
- “‘Then let’s look on the bright side; we’re having an adventure, Fezzik, and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are.'” – The Princess Bride, Goldman.
- “All children, except one, grow up.” – Peter Pan, Barrie.
- “My father had a face that could stop a clock. I don’t mean that he was ugly or anything; it was a phrase that the ChronoGuard used to describe someone who had the power to reduce time to an ultra-slow trickle.” – The Eyre Affair, Fforde
- “Why, did you know that there are almost as many kinds of stillness as there are sounds? But, sadly enough no one pays any attention to them these days.“Have you ever heard the wonderful silence just before the dawn?” she inquired. “Or the quiet and calm just as a storm ends? Or perhaps you know the silence when you haven’t the answer to a question you’ve been asked, or the hush of a country road at night, or the expectant pause in a roomful of people when someone is about to speak, or, most beautiful of all, the moment after the door closes and you’re all alone in the whole house? Each one is different, you know, and all very beautiful, if you listen carefully.” – The Phantom Tollbooth, Juster
- “Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’ ‘That is the only time a man can be brave,” his father told him.” -A Game of Thrones, Martin.
And finally, to end the post off:
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax, Seuss.
Do you have any favorite quotes that never cease to make you laugh, smile, frown, or think? If so, tell me! It’s kind of weird, but I actually love collecting book quotes. I have pages of them in my notebook and they always inspire me when I need that kind of thing. I hope some of these inspired you. Or, at the very least, I hope you didn’t hate them. But, come on, how could you?