I love Top Ten Tuesdays.
But I am so scatter-brained that I almost always forget that it’s Tuesday until Tuesday has already passed…I will seriously, actually get to Thursday, blink at the calendar, and be like “whoah where did the week go??” This is mostly because I work as a writer for a children’s publishing house, and so although I do go into the office a couple times a week, I don’t have a set schedule, and I also work from home a lot — all that to say that the days can sometimes pass in a blur.
BUT THIS WEEK I DID NOT LET TUESDAY PASS ME BY. So, Top Ten Tuesday here we go! Today’s topic is Top Ten Bookish Merchandise, and lemme tell you, as a compulsive shopper, there are just too many items on my wish-list. But, since I also hate hyper-linking and tracking down photos, for this Top 10 Tuesday I decided to do more of a Top Five Tuesday (gotta ease back into it slowly…right?). That said, here are my picks!
- This super simple, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Don’t Panic Cuff . The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is one of my all-time favorite books, and the simple motto of “Don’t Panic” is one of my favorite quotes. I used to write the phrase on the inside of my wrist, just so I could look down and remind myself that no matter how chaotic things are, I don’t have to panic…not as long as I have my trusty towel by my side, that is.
2. Harry Potter definitely has the best of both quantity and quality when it comes to bookish merchandise. That’s why it was so hard to not make this entire list just Harry Potter themed things. Luckily, this Harry Potter Gryffindor House Gift Trunk has the best of multiple worlds, including a Hogwarts acceptance letter (it was just a wee bit late) an adorable owl, and tons of warm Gryffindor merch to make you the most fashionable prefect of the bunch. I know that this is beginning to sound like a paid advertisement, but I just really love Harry Potter stuff. Which leads me to number three…
3. A Honeydukes Scented Harry Potter candle. I WANT. There are also a bunch of other Harry Potter themed candles available, and they all look so cool! But obviously Honeydukes, a literal magic candy shop, has got to be the sweetest scent of them all.
4. An iconic Mockingjay pin – these are available from a bunch of different sellers, and in today’s political climate, a little symbol of resistance seems even more relevant.
5. What’s better than reading? …obviously a chilly fall afternoon spent reading by the window, curled up underneath a pile of blankets with a dog on your lap and a cup of tea resting close beside you. Swoon. These classic inspired tea blends make me wanna be real cozy, right now.
So, those are my top “ten” picks for bookish merchandise that I’m currently eying. (Good thing next month is December!) Have you picked up any of these items? And what’s on your wish list? Let me know!